Putting a Sale On Hold
Putting a sale on hold allows you to save a POS transaction without completing the sale. You can then at a later time load up the sale that was placed on hold to complete it.
The On Hold menu can be accessed from the POS option menu.
Placing a Sale On Hold¶
Before you can place a POS sale on hold you'll need to have at least one item in your shopping cart or else the On Hold -> Save menu won't be available.
- Start by adding several items to your cart.
- Click on the On Hold -> Save menu under POS Options.
- Enter a description and click the Save button.
Retrieving an On Hold Sale¶
All your on hold sales are save to the database and are not associated to a specific user. Meaning if user A placed a sale on hold, user B will be able to retrieve the sale that was placed on hold by user A.
- Click on the On Hold -> Find menu under POS Options.
- This will open up a dialog window where you will be able to search for your past on hold sales.
- To load a sale click on the Shopping Cart action button to load the sale.
Once a sale has been selected from On Hold the entry is removed from the database.